With another shower program in SLO operating three days a week ("Shower the People)" we were duplicating services...so in our fifth year of providing almost 6,000 showers to our unhoused guests who had no other way to get clean, we temporarily have paused operations at the United Church of Christ location on Los Osos Valley Road and will take our mobile shower trailer to the site we find. (After realizing the city and county cannot help us with land, we're again looking for a site.) We'll develop a model sustainable community village of tiny houses for chronically unhoused women, our elderly folks, and those veterans who aren't eligible for housing through the Veterans Administration (there is a monetary limit as to how much income veterans can have to get housing - and this income is not enough to pay rent here in this county or in many places across the country.)
We thank our generous donors, 39 partners & 16 dedicated volunteers;
* Pastor Jason and the United Church of Christ for the shower program site;
* Domenica, Jan, Tim, Marcie & Bettina for nutritious meals & sandwiches;
* Fat Cats in Avila Beach for monthly food & monetary donations;
* Paul's Dry Cleaners for laundering all our towels and clothing;
* Harvey's Honey Huts of Cambria for removing our black water from the showers;
* SLO Food Bank for weekly no-cook to-go bags and other groceries;
* Presbyterian Church who supplied new undergarments;
* Brother Michael for donating new socks from Bomba;
* And other partners and donors too numerous to mention!
Nylon sleeping bags (Big 5 has TAOS bags for under $20); tents, tarps,
backpacks, and gift cards for any grocery stores or restaurants.