With another shower program in SLO operating three days a week ("Shower the People)" we were duplicating services...so in our fifth year of providing almost 6,000 showers to our unhoused guests who had no other way to get clean, we temporarily have paused ops at the United Church of Christ location on Los Osos Valley Road and will take our mobile shower trailer out to Oklahoma Avenue on Highway 1 when we open our village. We're negotiating with the county for a long-term inexpensive lease on half an acre to develop a sustainable community village of tiny houses for chronically unhoused women, our elderly folks, and those veterans who aren't eligible for housing through the Veterans Administration.
We thank our generous donors, 39 partners & 16 dedicated volunteers;
* Pastor Jason and the United Church of Christ for the site, water, and power;
* Domenica, Jan, Tim, Marcie & Bettina for nutritious meals & sandwiches;
* Fat Cats in Avila Beach for monthly food & monetary donations;
* Paul's Dry Cleaners for laundering all our towels and clothing;
* Harvey's Honey Huts of Cambria for removing our black water from the showers;
* SLO Food Bank for weekly no-cook to-go bags and other groceries;
* Presbyterian Church who supplied new undergarments;
* Brother Michael for donating new socks from Bomba;
* And other partners and donors too numerous to mention!
Nylon sleeping bags (Big 5 has them for under $20); tents, tarps,
backpacks, and gift cards for any grocery stores or restaurants.