With another shower program in SLO operating four days a week ("Shower the People)" we were duplicating services...so in our fifth year of providing close to 6,000 showers to our unhoused guests who had no other way to get clean, we have closed down operations at the United Church of Christ location on Los Osos Valley Road. We thank "Shower the People" for continuing a shower program!
NEWSFLASH: 805 OUTREACH IN NORTH COUNTY IS TAKING OVER OUR SHOWER PROGRAM! STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS...
We thank our generous donors, 39 partners & 16 dedicated volunteers;
* Pastor Jason and the United Church of Christ for the shower program site;
* Domenica, Jan, Tim, Marcie & Bettina for nutritious meals & sandwiches;
* Fat Cats in Avila Beach for monthly food & monetary donations;
* Paul's Dry Cleaners for laundering all our towels and clothing;
* Harvey's Honey Huts of Cambria for removing our black water from the showers;
* SLO Food Bank for weekly no-cook to-go bags and other groceries;
* Presbyterian Church who supplied new undergarments;
* Brother Michael for donating new socks from Bomba;
* And other partners and donors too numerous to mention!
Ever since COVID began, our eight outreach volunteers have been hitting the streets passing out necessities - nylon sleeping bags (Big 5 has TAOS bags for under $20); tents, tarps, backpacks, and gift cards for grocery stores or restaurants. If you'd like to donate to this cause, please go to our "Donate" page - quick & simple!